Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bank Fraud????

I went to take a shower last night and I came out to find my husband on the phone relaying our bank information on the phone. I asked him what he was doing and who he was talking to and he said he was getting a loan over the phone. I told him the loan we applied for will go through our bank on the 4th and that we have already verified information. My husband said it was another loan and I told him we only applied to one loan company. Today I called the 2 numbers the gentleman on the phone left and both said they were invalid numbers. I am so angry because I feel my husband opened a trap for us. How do I change the inevitable??? Do I talk to the bank??? If I tell the bank the situation what will happen??? I feel this person has scammed us. What are the proper steps to getting this resolved??? My husband thought it was another loan company and it wasn't. He got confused.



Bank Fraud????

First since you gave information out you need to make a police report....that way if anything happens (under your name) then you have something to back up the charges. Second...talk to you bank...they may have some more advice...since they are prob. familiar with this type of thing....THIRD....ASK YOUR HUBBY TO NEVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN!! LoL.....i know it was a mistake and I'm sure he feels bad but he's not the only one who has fallen for a scam



Bank Fraud????

You should also enroll in Identity Theft Protection for at least a year. Then write to all three credit reporting agencies and place a fraud alert on your report. After that alert is on your report, no one should extend credit to you unless they have properly identified you. Report It



Bank Fraud????

Yes Call the bank immediately. Tonight if possible. If you have online banking, then send them an urgent email. Try and close your accounts. Then open a new one. Call your credit card companies as well.



Bank Fraud????

You should contact your bank ASAP so they can change your account information. Hopefully your bank offers some type of fraud protection. Ask your bank if they want you to get a police report. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Bank Interest © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting